REopt Lite Development Plans
NREL continues to develop features and capabilities for the REopt™ Lite web tool. Fiscal Year 2020 REopt Lite development plans include:
- Third-party financing: Develop a financial model for third-party ownership of photovoltaic, wind, or battery systems.
- Federal scenarios: Create analysis assumptions and results for federal users.
- Run comparison: Compare results from different REopt Lite scenarios.
- Utility rates: Add features such as ratchets and peak load contribution.
- Constraints: Add ability to constrain solution based on budget, emissions, and renewable energy goals.
- Combined heat and power: Integrate a combined heat and power technology option.
- Online user forum: Allow users to ask and respond to questions, and share insights and successes.
- Electric vehicles: Add option to include electric vehicle loads in optimizations.
- Open source: Release REopt Lite open source software.
- Additional resources: Add new REopt Lite case studies and tutorials.
Future software development plans are subject to funding and may change throughout the fiscal year.
Learn more about REopt Lite's software update history, including recently added features.
Compare the REopt model and REopt Lite web tool's features and capabilities.